Since I’ve been MIA for so long, I feel like I should ease myself into blogging again by reacquainting myself with you all. While I’m in the process of revamping and rethinking the future of my little corner of the internet, consider this post a re-introduction if you will; a slightly narcissistic reintroduction to me, my blog, and I.
Here are 50 facts about me!
- I think everything looks better in black and white. Including myself!
- My eyes are green, with green/hazel ‘zebra print’ around the pupil.
- I have an addictive personality. If I like something, I ADORE it. If I don’t like something, I have absolutely no time for it. There is no in between.
- James Bay is my current obsession. Chaos & the Calm is one of the most beautiful albums I have ever listened to.
- When I’m driving, my radio/music will be BLARING, and I will be full on bopping & arm dancing to the beat.
- My car’s full name is Penelope Elizabeth Bennet. But I call her Penny for short!
- I would consider myself really good at a lot of things, but not overly talented at anything.
- Coffee is my favourite. Black, no milk, no sugar. Or a carmel macchiato if I’m feeling fancy.
- My mum taught me to read when I was 2 and a half, and I’ve been devouring books ever since. Nothing calms me more than getting lost in a good book.
- Blue ink is the best colour to write with. Black pens bother me.
- If I could be anywhere right now, it would be Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- I try to live the fullest life I can, and I hope that my life experiences reflect that when I’m old and grey.
- Purple is my favourite colour. My second favourite colour is yellow.
- I have an unhealthy attachment to my mug collection. Each mug represents a different memory or time in my life. I live in constant fear that one of my family members will break one!
- I have one nephew and he is the love of my life. He is 7 weeks old today. Happy 7 Week Birthday Baby Pauly! ❤
- My longest relationship lasted over 4 years.
- I stand at 5ft 3.5 inches tall. That half an inch is very important!
- Traveling makes my soul smile. I love experiencing new cultures & traditions, and learning new languages.
- I speak English, French, Irish & Dutch with varying levels of fluency.
- Mascara is my can’t-live-without product. My favourites are Benefit’s They’re Real and Yyves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking.
- Disney is life. The Little Mermaid, Cinderella & The Aristocats are my childhood favourite movies.
- One half-completed law degree, one Business Undergraduate Degree, one business & innovation Masters Degree, and countless other courses down, and I still have no idea what I want to do with my life.
- I need to sit down and plan my whole week on a Sunday or else I will get nothing done that week. Organisation, planning & structure are my three best friends. They keep me sane & productive.
- Stationary makes me very happy. I recently went ‘Back to School’ shopping even though I am not in university anymore!
- Nothing makes me more uncomfortable than being asked questions about myself! I have lots of pre-thought-out responses filled away in my brain for various questions I hate being asked in order to avoid awkwardness!
- I love my own company, sometimes a little too much. I am extremely comfortable traveling & experiencing new things on my own. I wholeheartedly encourage solo-traveling to anyone who wants to regain their independence or experience a surge of self-confidence! Nothing feels more rewarding than navigating your way around a new city or country with only yourself & the locals to rely on.
- Californian wine makes me want to cry (sorry California – I love you as a state but my taste-buds just prefer French grapes!!)
- I often get so overwhelmed with the sheer amount of things I have to do, that I just ignore my to-do list completely and watch YouTube videos instead….!!
- My signature scent is J’adore by Dior. I’ve been wearing it for about 8 years now, and still love it.
- I find cooking really relaxing, and I love to experiment in the kitchen.
- I’ve been living a plant-based lifestyle for almost two years now, but lately I have been thinking about reintroducing fish/seafood back into my diet.
- People who don’t know how to take a photograph really annoy me!
- I need a minimum of 7 hours sleep or I cannot function. Give me 9 hours and I can rule the world.
- I am a huge believer in serendipity, but I think these so call coincidences occur due to destiny.
- My most prized possession is my Links of London charm bracelet. It tells the story of my life since October 2012. It’s now almost full so I’m probably going to have to get another one 😉
- I have no upper body strength whatsoever, especially now that I don’t work in restaurants anymore. Never underestimate the workout that carrying plates and clearing tables can give you!
- I have the coolest grandparents I have ever met. They are 86 years young, and 65 years married two weeks ago. They are partial to the odd selfie and check their Facebook on a daily basis. They are the ultimate role models and prove that life is an adventure no matter how old you are! Love you N&N ❤
- Peas are one of the only vegetables I do not like. Followed closely by brussel sprouts.
- I’d love to start an adult dancing class, as I danced when I was younger and loved it.
- Thinking positively comes really natural to me, and I just can’t comprehend why people would want to attract negativity into their life by being grouchy and pessimistic. Like attracts like. Positive energy = positive life 🙂
- When I’m sad, worried or stressed, I tend to shut myself off from the rest of the world and those I care about.
- I listen to a lot of classical and foreign language music. The only reason I know what’s in the charts is because I listen to the radio on the way to and from work every day!
- It’s my goal to start a PhD before I’m 30. Call me Dr Spillane!
- I love lists!
- I am the luckiest person I know, and I always find myself in random situations. On my first evening in Santorini (a Greek island) this June, I took a wrong turn on my way into the town centre of Fira. I wandered into someone’s front garden, and made friends with a toddler. His grandmother was also there, and somehow we managed to communicate through her very broken English & my virutaly non-existent Greek. I explained how I had Greek family, and next thing I know she is directing me to her son’s smoothie bar for a free smoothie! It was delicious!
- Britney Spears will always be the Queen of Pop to me!
- I am politically illiterate. I’d love to understand the ins and outs of politics, but I wouldn’t have the first notion where to start.
- I cannot go to the cinema without getting popcorn & malteasers. And they must be mixed together.
- If I could live in any era, it would probably be the 19th century. I’d be the daughter of landed gentry, live in a house like Downton Abbey, have a lady’s maid, and frequent dances & dinners as a highly eligible member of society. Jane Austen has a lot to answer for!!
- I can never open a bag of crisps ‘upside down’ or my OCD tendencies will flare up considerably. No one should open anything upside down. It’s just wrong. Oh so wrong!
Bonus fact – thinking of 50 facts about me was way more difficult than originally anticipated!
Hopefully this post will kick start my blogging again. If there’s anything you wanna read/hear about let me know!
Welcome back blog, I’ve missed you!
CONNECT WITH ME ON: