Mondays are my Sundays. I am usually off work, shuffling around the house in my pyjamas, make-up less, with a constant cup of tea in my hand. So far today was no exception. Mid afternoon, I was craving a snack, but I wasn’t hungry enough to have a proper meal. There also wasn’t a lot of food in the fridge or the cupboards so with a little imagination, I came up with this quick and healthy snack with just two ingredients. They are vegan, dairy free, oil free, gluten free and simply good nourishing food!
Cinnamon Courgette Sticks
Prep time: 1 minute
Cooking time: 5-8 minutes
1. Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
2. Chop the courgette/zucchini into small snack size strips.
3. Spread your courgette strips evenly on a baking tray. Sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon all over the courgettes – I used about a heaped teaspoon amount – I love me some cinnamon!!
4. Pop under the grill for 5-8 minutes or until your courgettes are heated through with a slight crunch!
5. Serve in your favourite heart shaped bowl (it is Valentine’s week after all!) and enjoy.
*Cinnamon Courgette Sticks are best served hot straight from the grill. Nobody likes cold soggy courgettes. Nobody.
*Drizzle a little bit of maple syrup over the courgettes before grilling if you want an extra hit of sweetness
*Substitute cinnamon for cayenne pepper for a savoury option with a fiery kick!! Ooohhh yes please!
I post a lot of healthy foodie pics on my Instagram if you’d like to follow me @charspillane. If you try out my Cinnamon Courgette Sticks don’t forget to tag me or tweet me @charspillane!
Have a happy & healthy Monday everyone!
CONNECT WITH ME ON: