The number one thing I love about blogging is being a part of such a diverse, warm and interesting community. I treat blogging like I did school and college. I do not like to limit myself to any specific category or group. I try a bit of everything. I speak to everyone and get involved, but I do not box myself off or stereotype myself. Or maybe not stereotyping is a stereotype in itself. Anyway, I digress. I have been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Award by Laura over at Panda Ponders. I don’t know why, but being nominated by your peers for something is much more rewarding than a huge official award (well, that would be nice too of course!).
The rules for the Sisterhood of the World Award are as follows:
– Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
– Put the award logo on your blog.
– Answer the ten questions they have set you.
– Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
– Nominate ten people
Now onto Laura’s questions 🙂
1. Where does your inspiration for blogging stem from?
I blog about my life mostly and things that make me happy. I also use blogging as motivation to set and undertake certain challenges while documenting my experiences. Like that time I ate vegan for a week! I unconsciously take inspiration from everything around me. I may experience something that will spark an idea in my head and I’ll have to go and write a blog about it! Like the time I blogged every day for the month of November. Good times!
2. How long have you been a blogger?
I wouldn’t call myself a blogger, just that I blog 😛 But I have been blogging since January 2013.
3. Have you ever been nominated for an award before?
Yep 🙂 I’ve been nominated for quite a few awards from fellow bloggers. And on a bigger scale I was nominated for Best Personal Blog in the Irish Blog Awards this year.
4. When do you find it easiest to blog?
Whenever inspiration hits. I tend to blog in the late evening, even though I am at my most alert and verbally supreme in the morning!
5. What are your hobbies?
Reading – I love anything to do with books and literature.
Writing – blogging obviously, and I’ve also written a good few short stories. I’d love to write a novel one day!
Singing in the shower
Learning Dutch ❤
Exploring new cities and cultures – museums, old bookshops and libraries are my fav!
6. What song are you currently addicted to?
All About That Base – Meghan Trainor #guiltypleasure
7. Name the last film you have seen in cinema.
I think it was The Other Woman….. Yep, it’s been a while since I’ve been to the cinema!!
8. What was the last book that impacted you profoundly and why.
I recently finished reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I started reading this a few months ago however I got bored pretty quickly because I just didn’t get it. Turns out I had skipped the most important page of the book at the very beginning which states in large bold capitalised letter SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION. This page tells you things you NEED to know to understand the way the book is written. This page changed my entire perception on the book as I finally ‘got it!’
If you haven’t read it yet, please do! The Book Thief has everything. It is set in Germany during World War II and is narrated by Death (yes you heard me correctly!) so general themes are mortality, suffering, courage, war and love. It’s the first book I have read in a long time that put my issues versus world issues into perspective, and has strengthened my views on humanity and my own morals. I would recommend it to anyone. It’s actually quiet an easy read too!
9. What is your greatest achievement to date?
Honestly… working full time all the way through college and getting a 1.1 (first class honours) masters degree. Nerd and proud baby!
10. Describe your ideal chill night in.
Rooibos tea. Loads of new YouTube videos. Followed by Night Time tea and a great book. All while cuddling under a blanket in front of the fire in clean pjs. And when it’s time to go to sleep, there would be clean sheets on my bed. Simple things are the best things
The questions I would like my nominees to answer are:
1) When was the last time you truly pushed yourself?
2) Describe your favourite photograph of you. Show us if you like!
3) Do you sleep with your blinds open or closed?
4) What has been your favourite age so far?
5) Do you have a morning or night time ritual?
6) How would your best friend describe you in three words?
7) If you could live in any country besides your own, where would you live?
8) What is the most frustrating thing about blogging?
9) When was the last time you cycled a bike?
10) What are your thoughts on cheese?
And now for some of my newest blog obsessions! I’d like to nominate the following lovely ladies for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award:
Happy answering ladies 🙂